Saturday 14 May 2011

Baking and decorating cuppies: The BEST therapies.

        




  Teaching IS my profession. It is also my PASSION. But at times, when after years of doing the same routines, the excitement can sometimes whither and you need to do something about it so as NOT to make teaching a burden to you. 

Luckily, I wear 'tudong',
so nobody knows if I am left with only
a single strand  of  hair on my head! :D


          So, after so much thinking and brainstorming, I chose baking and decorating cupcakes as my 'escapism'. May is the month for me to brush up my baking & decorating skills. Apart from those two, I kind of improving my 'painting' skills - which is present in some of my family members' lives. The cuppies are my 'canvases'. I 'pour' all the ideas onto the cuppies, similar to what a painter does onto the canvas. Playing with colours and anxiously and patiently waiting and anticipating until all the cuppies are decorated, are among the things that can help you to be more 'humane'. 

These are among my first 'masterpieces'.
They are not that perfect, but at least something. :)

I love the colours, pastel and all.
They make you feel calm. :)

The bigger cuppies got to be decorated with brighter colours.
(Depending on the mood of  the baker at that time)

Nicely baked, decorated and packed cuppies.
Ready to be delivered to dear customers. :)

It's kinda 'cute' to have these all for yourselves!
But, sharing is caring!
So, friends,  share the things that you love doing with others.
It is much more 'fulfilling'. :)

Loved these! :)
       
          All the cuppies in this post were baked by ME (after 2 'classes given by Dokte Ismadi). So, that makes me a mother, a wife, a teacher, and a BAKER! After looking at the beautifully (correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't help being a 'narcissist'!) decorated cuppies, and feel relieved and satisfied with my work and life, I am very sure that baking and decorating ARE the best therapies for ME! :)

~Chinonets Cuppies : makes people exclaim YIPPEEE!!!~
~chinonetscuppies: makes people exclaim YIPPEEE!!!!~

0 comments :