Monday 28 April 2014

Chocolate Indulgence Cake Recipe

Assalamualaikum

To bake or not to bake. That's the question. 

Picture Courtesy of: http://stephylicious.wordpress.com


I received a few requests on Chocolate Indulgence and Black and White Russian cakes. I have got the recipes but being a 'part time' baker, it is quite difficult to juggle between my job at the office and baking new (for me) types of cakes. But, I will try. I will first, try to order it from you.

I envy those who could do this as a full time business. I respect those who worked for it and succeeded in doing so. I am not yet ready for this huge commitment as my passion in teaching is still burning. But, insyaAllah one day. Who knows but Allah. :)

Ok, while waiting for MY Chocolate Indulgence cake to be baked (which I don't know WHEN it will ever be!), you can copy the recipe that I took from this blog and create your own Chocolate Indulgence cake. :)


Ingredients:

Sponge cake:

5 eggs (grade A)
170g castor sugar
1 1/2 tbsp chocolate emulco
Sieve together 50g plain flour, 50g cornflour, 50g SRF, 20g cocoa powder
(SRF - Self Raising Flour! Haha)
25ml corn oil

Syrup:

2 tbsp instant coffee powder (mixed with 15 tbsp milk)

Mousse:

750ml Whipping cream
165g dark chocolate (melted)
165g white chocolate (melted)

Chocolate topping:

150ml whipping cream
350g dark choc (chopped)
1 tsp butter (melted)

Decoration:

150g rich whipping cream (whipped)
some snow powder
9 inch loose base tin
9 inch round tin

Method:

Line and grease 9 inch cake tin.
Preheat oven 180 celcius.
In a mixer, whisk eggs and sugar at high speed until thick and creamy.
Add in emulco.
Using a metal spatula, fold in sieved ingredients.
Lastly, fold in oil.
Pour into prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes.
Split cake into 4 layers.
Brush with syrup on surface.

Mousse:

Whisk cream until slightly thickened. Take out 250g.
Place into a bowl.
Quickly stir cooled melted dark choc into the cream and white choc into the 500g cream.
Divide white mousse into 2 portions.

Topping

Heat cream over simmering water.
Add in chocolate and stir until smooth.
Add in butter.

To assemble cake

Place a layer of cake in a 9 inch loose base tin. 
Spread a portion of white choc mousse, top with a layer of cake, spread with dark choc mousse, top with cake.
Chill overnight.
Spread the whole cake with a thin layer of whipped cream.
Refridgerate cake until set.
Place cake on a wire rack, pour over choc topping and decorate with snow powder.

Voila!

I know, I know. It is a very enduring process but I strongly believe that you are soooo going to love your own creation once it is there in front of you. Happy indulging yourself in the cake. 

If you managed to bake it (and that is because you somehow benefited from this blog) and would like your creations to be published here, send your pictures to chinonetscuppies@gmail.com. 

Until then, muahs! :)




~chinonetscuppies: makes people exclaim YIPPEEE!!!!~

0 comments :