Thursday 24 April 2014

Rainbow Cookies Recipe

Assalamualaikum and Good Day!

It has been raining since early morning today and I had two classes to attend to. 
I also had to set a Mid Semester Exam paper, as well as a few other 'Top Secret' office tasks that I need to settle before this week ends. 
Yay! 

While trying to get some ideas to start working on those tasks, I came across this recipe (WOOWWW.. from getting ideas to complete tasks, to getting the recipe! Lol!) 

I think the cookies will be EVERYWHERE this Aidilfitri (a religious holiday celebration for Muslims to mark the end of their 30-day fasting). 

I got the recipe from my 'sifu's' page. This was the first time I got to know about one of the ingredients to make cookies crispy, EMPLEX!
No wonder my cookies are a bit gooeeeeeyyyy all these years. 
Sigh.

So, here it is, the recipe for Rainbow Cookies or in Malaysia, 
it is also known as BISKUT LIDAH KUCING 
(Direct translation: Cat's Tongue Cookies. Errr..euww! Hehe).

Picture Courtesy of Google



RAINBOW COOKIES

250 gm butter ( Anchor or SCS, or Buttercup)
175 castor sugar
200 gm flour
50 gm cornflour
1/4 tsp emplex 
100 gm egg whites (from about 4 eggs)

Red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple food colourings 


STEPS

Sieve  flour, cornflour and emplex
Cream butter and sugar at high speed
Add egg whites and continue mixing it at low speed
Fold in the flour mix, using a spatula
Divide the batter to 6 ~ and colour them in red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)
Put them into 6 different piping bags.
Squeeze the batter onto the rainbow cookie mould, beginning with one colour followed by the others

Bake for 15 minutes at 160C

So, if you ask me whether 
I am going to bake this, this Aidilfitri? 
I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe I am just going to enjoy it at your houses. 

If you managed to bake it after getting the recipe from this blog, do send the pictures of your wonderful creations to chinonetscuppies@gmail.com so that I can share them here. :)

If you wish to order cakes/cupcakes/cakepops/brownies/other desserts, fill in the Order Form. To enquire, send your emails to chinonetscuppies@gmail.com. 

Thank you and have a nice (rainy) day! :)



~chinonetscuppies: makes people exclaim YIPPEEE!!!!~

0 comments :